Lectora is an Electronic learning (e-learning) development tool released by Trivantis Corporation in 1999. Lectora is used to create online training courses, assessments, and presentations. It is also used for the conversion of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into e-learning content. It is a proprietary software which needs to be purchased. No free version is available though only 30 days trial is available for the users.
In 2000, Lectora became the first AICC-certified authoring system on the market. This achievement gave Lectora the credibility it needed to gain acceptance in the elearning industry.Although Lectora was created to enable non-programmers to develop elearning content, recent versions of the product also include advanced features for experienced users.
- It provides single-click publishing to Web-ready dynamic HTML, CD, single file executable, SCORM, and AICC learning standards without the need for programming knowledge.
- It includes an internal content management system that makes course creation easy for the average computer user.
- It enables users to create tests and surveys using any combination of true/false, multiple choice, matching, hot spot, drag and drop, essay, and short answer formats. Test results can be submitted via email, CGI script, XML, SCORM, AICC or LRN standards-compliant learning management systems.
- Lectora’s Actions Palette enables users to create interactive learning objects using show and hide functionality, mouseovers, object visibility toggling, and more to engage learners with onscreen activities. Users can incorporate Variable Knowledge Objects with the Actions Palette to create branched learning scenarios for adaptive learning.
- It has a set of automated tools, including Title Wizards, Spell Check, Automated Menu Builder and Reference Lists.
Lectora 17 is almost here. Find out what new features are coming to those current on maintenance in this webinar hosted by Daryl Fleary, Trivantis Product Manager extraordinaire. Explore new features like the Seamless Play publish option, which eliminates the screen wipe commonly associated with HTML pages loading, and see how to set auto-play media on mobile devices. And get your first look at the page markup ability in ReviewLink.
What’s New in Lectora 17
- Publish for Seamless Play
- BranchTrack Integration
- Anchor Position of Objects
- Import and Export Question Files
- SVG Rendering of Shapes and Buttons
- Camtasia 9 and Snagit 13
- Responsive Course Design
- RCD Overrides: Customizing Views
- Inline Variable Replacement
- Status Condition Relationships
- Device Rotation and Current View
- Cross-device Moving and Resizing
- Custom Progress Bar Actions
- Using Page Layouts
- Customizing Test Results
- Improved bullets and numbered lists
- Additional status indicator objects
- Media play optimized
- Enhanced Likert questions
Download the latest version through the download link. (This link is to download the trail version)
Still Require Assistance?
Just fill the contact details below and we will contact you!
* refers to a required field.